Thursday, October 15, 2009

Don't Call Me "White"

Well, I've reached my limit. I'm so fed up with the idea that I have to kowtow to someone else regarding what words I can use in this "free" country, that I have decided to rebel. I will not use the term "African-American" unless and until I am given the same considerations.

If I have to use the terms that keep changing (used to be "negro", then it was "black", then "African-American" [even though born here, thus making people AMERICAN-AMERICAN), then others have to refer to me as the term I choose. Fair is fair, right?

So, I have decided that I shall from now on be referred to as being -- not white -- but "A person who is peach-toned with rosey highlights that used to be known as a 'white' person." If someone can't refer to my race as what I want them to refer to me, then they better not refer to me at all, or I'll take offense. It has to be my way, or the highway. After all, I have rights, too. I am going to take offense and be upset if anyone refers to me as anything besides, "A person who is peach-toned with rosey highlights that used to be known as a 'white' person."

Why, "A person who is peach-toned with rosey highlights that used to be known as a 'white' person."? Because I can. I can change it at my whim and I can make it known throughout the world (internet gives internationality, right?) and if someone screws up and calls me "white", then they're hate mongers. They're race baiters. They're racists because I'm not "white". I am, "A person who is peach-toned with rosey highlights that used to be known as a 'white' person."

Don't the rules apply equally to all of us? Isn't that what everyone wants: equal rights? Well, if that's going to be the rule, then why should I put up with someone using an erroneous color designation as my race delineation? I will no longer stand for that! I am not "white". Even my teeth are not "white" since I can apply a treatment that will make them "whiter". That means that they are not purely "white": off-white, maybe, not "white". So why should I be called "white"?

It's a racist thing to call me "white". It does not designate my race (there is no such thing as a "White" race), it doesn't designate my color (and we're all supposed to be color blind anyways), it doesn't designate anything about my origins since those formerly-known-as-"white" do not come from one particular place, just as those who designate themselves as "African-American" do not always come from (ancestrally speaking) Africa.

Strictly speaking, since ancestry is a supposed designation for others, then I should be called something besides "white" since I am part Cherokee (NOTE: I found out via finding someone on Ancestry.com who had done the research that our oral family history is incorrect and I am NOT part Cherokee). If I can consider that portion of me as others can consider their supposed ancestry out of Africa, then I should be called exactly what I requested, "A person who is peach-toned with rosey highlights that used to be known as a 'white' person.", anyways since "red" (as in American Indian: red man) and "white" make pink. Or perhaps I should go for my full great-grandparental designation. I would then be, "Bohemian-Cherokee-British-Irish-American". People can call me that and I would not be offended. After all, that's equal treatment, isn't it? Wouldn't you love to go around asking everyone their ancestry before referring to them?

So, if I can be internationally referred to as "white" even though it is not my desire and it is racist, inaccurate and offensive to me, then I can call others whatever designation I desire to call them. Therefore, I shall refer to whomever I wish as whatever I wish when it comes to race and color designation. If others can do so to me, and they want equal treatment under the law, then I can do so to them unless and until they call me, "A person who is peach-toned with rosey highlights that used to be known as a 'white' person."

No comments:

Post a Comment

No profanity and I reserve the right to delete any comments deemed too stupid to let stand. Remember, I have the right and the responsibility to respond to you. If you wish to link to my blog, give proper attribution. My blog is © Space Coast Conservative All Rights Reserved.